Services for ADHD Adults
Steps to Treatment:
- Phone call with Sucheta
- Initial Evaluation
- Individual Treatment
- Possible Group Treatment
"My life spiraling out of control", would be a common sentiment shared by adults with ADHD. Daily disorganization, mismanagement of time and misjudgment of priorities can really create a chaotic experience for those who don't have the prominent symptoms of hyperactivity or obvious inattention that of a child with ADHD. However, adults with ADHD suffer from the same invisible ailments of executive dysfunction, which can cause frequent interruptions and faux pas. Life mired in frequent failures and incomplete follow-throughs can give a feeling of generalized anxiety and global dissatisfaction.
At Cerebral Matters we offer Executive Function Training to improve the "central executive" that controls and regulates impulse control, decision-making, prioritizing and self-corrective behaviors, which impact organization and productivity. The needs of Adults with ADHD vary significantly from those of children, as there is minimal or no need for formal learning. Rather the effort needs to center around successful recognition of most relevant goals and devising plans that yield maximum outcome with minimal amount of effort. We help individuals to develop awareness of their disorganized approach to life, and help them instill multifaceted yet domain-based cognitive abilities and corrective coping mechanisms.
Who Can Benefit?
- Have a tendency to procrastinate
- Are mired with issues of constantly misplacing or even losing personal essentials
- Have messy work space and chaos that causes stress and anxiety
- Tend to hyper focus on one task even if that task is irrelevant or unimportant
- Are creating obstacles in one's own personal achievement
- Are becoming aware that tardiness and forgetfulness in daily activities is impacting interpersonal interactions and minimizing respect from others
- Struggle to estimate time while completing multi-part tasks
- Fail to impose any personal conditions or restrictions on diverting from important task in hand
- Constantly need to fight boredom in daily mundane activities
- Have failed to create or sustain systems (for home, children, office or car etc.) to compensate for disorganization
- Are being looked over or passed for opportunities of promotion or advancement
- Find it difficulty to recover after experience a wrench in their plan