Parent Speaking Opportunities
Details:If you're interested in having Sucheta present a topic at your school, please fill out the form below and Sucheta will get back to you.
All of us are and can become somewhat disorganized simply because we have too many things to keep-up with. Our children have the same challenge. However their level of cognitive proficiency and emotional maturity are still in the process of development. Children need to cope with academic demands, social pressures, family dynamics and their personal struggles. Under those circumstances, anyone can appear disorganized.
If you have a child who needs help in knowing when & what to do, loses their homework, does not turn-in completed homework, forgets to tell you about the projects that are due, always has a lot of work because he/she doesn't finish it in school, then this may the right workshop for you. This workshop will address strategies that parents need to instill at home to address issues related to priority setting, time management and handling last minute changes. It will provide parents with the tools to build organization into their children's life and help them understand a variety of organizational structures. It will combine the theoretical framework of executive functions and the process of building routines.
Sucheta can be invited to make presentations on the following sample topics for teachers:
- "Training the Future Self: 5 Innovative Strategies to Promote Emergence of Executive Functions"
- "Demystifying Executive Functions and Strategizing for Personal Optimization"
- "Wired & Tired – Helping Developing Brains Handle the Curse and the Boon of Technology And Social Media"
- "Managing Focus and Effort In Students With Various Learning Disabilities"
- "Executive Function Skills: Learning & Teaching"